Thursday, July 4, 2013

Brownie Pudding

This recipe is out of a recipe book my Mom put together when she was in school. I found this recipe next to the squash relish and let me say that they are both awesome! It is super easy to put together and very easy to eat, lol.
Brownie Pudding:
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 T cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp salad oil or melted shortening (I used coconut oil)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 to 1 cup chopped walnuts (I used half pecans and half chocolate chips, because that is what I had, it rocked)
Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coca powder
1 3/4 cup hot water
Sift together first 5 ingredients. Add milk, oil, and vanilla, mix until smooth. (its kinda thick) Stir in walnuts. Pour into greased 8 x 8 x 2 pan. Mix together brown sugar and cocoa, sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over entire batter. Bake in oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve warm. It ends up having a layer of brownie on top and pudding underneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment