Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sugar Cookies

I bake cookies all year long and these are my boys favorite cookie. They love to help cut out and decorate them, not to mention eat them. I have made this same recipe for years and go figure its off the back of a bag of sugar. I have discovered that some of the best recipes comes from looking at the back of the bag. It makes me wonder why I never looked there before.

Rolled Sugar Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
sugar or sprinkles-for cookie tops
 In a large bowl combine sugar, margarine, milk, vanilla and egg blending well. In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture mixing well each time you add more. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface roll out some dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with floured cookie cutter and place about an inch apart on greased pan. Sprinkle and bake about 5-9 min until lightly golden brown. I usually bake until its barely brown, so the cookies are softer. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on a wire rack. If your not using sugar or sprinkles be sure and let them cool before icing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment