Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lactation Cookies

I got this recipe off of the peaceful parenting website. Here is the link http://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/lactation-cookies-recipe-increasing.html I used the first recipe listed on the page. I just got the brewers yeast in the mail yesterday, I looked all over town here and couldnt find it anywhere. In fact, in this town its hard to find a lot of things. So I ordered it from amazon and the shipping cost just as much as the product, go figure. I have to say this dough smelled so awesome I wanted to eat it before it was cooked. I didnt change her recipe too much, instead of nuts and almond butter, I used crunchy peanut butter.  I do believe next time I make these I will change the recipe a bit. They are light and tastey though.
Edited to add:
I added 3/4 tsp of salt instead of the full 1 tsp. I think this really helped. I am not a big fan of salt and could really taste it with these cookies. Now they truely rock. Also I used peanut butter and chocolate chips instead of plain chocolate chips. Wow, these are awesome cookies and really seem to help my supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment