Friday, February 10, 2012

Chicken, broccoli, and whole wheat penne pasta in garlic alfredo sauce

Whats for dinner, thats right its chicken again. I got another package this time it was tender strips. I started out by grilling it on my george foreman, I seasoned it with garlic and onion powder. At the same time I boiled my noodles. I got my pan out and preheated the oven, I believe pan is a 13 x 9". I emptied two jars of the garlic sauce I got in the pan, poured a little milk in the jar closed the lid up and shook it a bit and then poured it in the next jar and did the same thing. Here is the jar of stuff I used.

I then poured the milk mixture into the pan with the rest and put a few teaspoons of minced garlic in it too and stirred it around. By now my chicken and pasta was done. I drain the pasta and put it in the pan and stirred it in the sauce, I cut the chicken up into small peices and added it too. Then I added a 16 ounce bag of frozen broccoli florets and stirred it in. I topped it off with shredded mozerella cheese and baked it at 350 for about 25 to 30 minutes. Here is before the oven

Here is after.

I had leftover chicken too, I just froze it for later use. This makes a lot, I served four people and still a little less than half left over for tomorrow. If you have ever had pizza huts pasta dishes its kinda like that. I served mine with garlic bread. What have you made lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment